Are you looking for the best gas stove in India that will help you cook your food with ease. Look no further, because here I have compiled a list of top 15 best gas stove in India (2019) with 2, 3, & 4 burners.
Cooking is an innovative and pleasurable art. Hence, having the best cooking tools helps you to make this art even more interesting and perfect.
Gas stove are widely popular due to their reliable usage of fuel. Also it takes a lot less time to prepare food than the kerosene stove or chulha.
Selecting a proper gas stove according to your needs is important. Moreover, the gas stove you choose must also provide safety and a trendy look to your kitchen. For more details, I highly recommend that you read the buying guide below.
Considering the essential factors like safety, performance, material quality and people’s reviews; below I have shortlisted best gas stove in India.
Top 15 Best Gas Stove in India (2019)
Based on our research, public reviews and considering each point in our buying guide, Here are top pick on Best Gas Stove in India with 2, 3, and 4 burner, found in the Indian market.
Top 5 Best 4 Burner Gas Stove in India
- Cello Prima Gas Stove 4 Burner Glass Top, Black
- Faber Gas Stove 4 Burner Glass Cooktop (Onyx 4BB BK)
- Elica Vetro Glass Top 4 Burner Gas Stove (594 CT VETRO BLK)
- Prestige Marvel Plus Glass 4 Burner Gas Stove
- Sunshine Olympic Gold 4 Burner Gas Stove
Top 5 Best 3 Burner Gas Stove in India
- Elica Vetro Glass Top 3 Burner Gas Stove (703 CT VETRO BLK)
- Elica Vetro Glass Top 3 Burner Gas Stove with Double Drip Tray (773 CT DT VETRO)
- Pigeon by Stovekraft Infinity 3 Burner LPG Stove, Black
- Butterfly Smart Glass 3 Burner Gas Stove, Black
- Superflame Magic 3 Burner Gas Stove
Top 5 Best 2 Burner Gas Stove in India
- Amazon Brand – Solimo 2 Burner Gas Stove
- Glen Glass Cooktop 1020 GT Junior Brass Burners.
- Butterfly Smart Glass 2 Burner Gas Stove, Black
- Prestige Magic LP Gas Stove gtmc 02
- Sunflame GT Pride 2 Burner Gas Stove
My personal choices for Best Gas Stove in India…
Elica Vetro Glass Top (703 CT VETRO BLK)
** This preferences/lists are made at the time of this post being published/updated. I will try to keep it up-to-date with newly available best gas stove in India. Hence, make sure you check this post right before you decide to buy the best gas stove for yourself.
Your Best Gas Stove Buying guide
Hey, I understand some people want to carry out their own research before buying anything. So, here I have created an easy, detailed and step-by-step guide that will satisfy your queries regarding buying a gas stove.
Here are the most important factors which you should keep in mind when looking and choosing the best gas stove in India for your needs and requirements:
What are the features that you must look for
If you want the best gas stove in India, you must consider all the features listed below:
- Size, Body material, Rigidity and Stability
- Numbers of burner and its type and material
- ISI Certification
- Mode of ignition (Automatic or Manual)
- Position & Type of gas inlet pipe
- Gas consumption and energy saving
- Design and Maintenance
- Smooth Operation
- Thermal Efficiency
- Control knobs
- Price and warranty
Let’s look at them in detail…
Body Material of Best Gas Stove in India:
According to your needs and usage, you should choose the body material which can last for the maximum time. Today, the most popular and favorite body material options are Toughened glass cooktop and stainless steel.
Complete stainless steel body: In this type the whole body of a gas stove is made of stainless steel. This traditional gas stoves are sturdy and inexpensive, hence affordable. Stainless steel has good durability and can run for a long time usage.
Glass Cooktop: in this type, the chassis or supporting body is made of stainless steel or aluminum. And toughened glass is placed on the top of the stove. Toughened glass is highly resistive to scratch, rust, and corrosion too. They are also easy to clean and are temperature resistant. They are a little expensive but are durable and give an elegant look to your kitchen.
Note: if you buy glass cooktop then always choose the gas stove with toughened glass top. It is the most strong and safe type of glass till date.
Thickness of Glass Top:
Thickness of glass top of Gas stoves available in market varies from 4mm, 6mm and 8mm. I will suggest you to buy a gas stove with 8mm thickness. Because more the thickness, more safe it is to use a gas stove for long durations of cooking.
Yes it is a little bit expensive, but safety while cooking is important.
If you are on a tight budget, then you should buy a gas stove with at least 6mm thick glass top.
Never buy gas stove with 4mm thick glass.
Such glass is weak and has higher chances to blast/crack while cooking due to heat or pressure.
If you still can’t afford 6mm or 8mm, then I will highly recommend you to buy a gas stove of stainless steel body. Safety is first priority.
No. of burners
This is the important feature which you must select properly before buying your best gas stove in India. You should always consider this factor according to your needs.
Reasons to buy 4 burners Gas Stove:
- if you have a family of 5 or more than 5 members you should get this.
- If you are passionate about cooking and like cooking various dishes, and offering it to your family.
- Are you a working woman/man and have to prepare food quickly for your family in the morning as well in the night after you return home from your job? Having 4 burners will save you time and make it easy for you.
Note: 4-burner gas stoves consume more gas then the 3-burner or 2-burner models. Thus, you should always go according to your needs
Reasons to buy 3 burners Gas Stove
- If your family is of 2-4 members
- If you occasionally enjoy cooking and trying different dishes
- You have a medium budget
Cases to buy 2 burners Gas Stove
- Your family consists of 2 members only (couple; mother + daughter/son Or father + daughter/son).
- If you live alone for any relevant reasons like studies, job, or temporary home shifts.
Should you buy 1 burner gas stove?
- I don’t suggest it at all. Even if you live alone, you should buy at least 2 burner gas stove. Because when are alone, already you have a lot of other tasks to do. So you can’t give more time for cooking. You have to prepare your food as fast as possible.
- Yes, you can buy it if in case you already have a two burner gas stove but it’s not enough for you, and you don’t want to invest money in new 3 burner gas stove. (In this case, if you have a little high budget, then I will suggest you to buy new 3 burner piece as it saves space in kitchen, looks & feels trendy and is easy to manage.)
Type of Ignition:
In manual-ignition, after you switch on the knob you need a lighter or a match stick to ignite the gas. It is a traditional method still it is very popular and reliable.
Automatic ignition doesn’t need any matchstick or lighter. It has an in-built ignition option which works with a battery. This automatically sparks the gas and the flame will automatically switch on as soon as you switch the knob on.
Latest models of gas stoves, cooktops, and kitchen hobs are introducing auto-ignition. It is more energy efficient, safe and convenient to use. However, they are a bit expensive, require careful handling and are best suited for people who want smart technologies.
As it works on battery, you need to change the battery from time to time. In the case, battery gets leaked or auto ignition is not working properly, you can continue to cook by manually igniting the gas stove with lighter.
Size of Gas Stove:
In the kitchen, while preparing your tasty dishes you have to adjust a lot of stuff. And everything revolves around the gas stove. So you should pick the size of gas stove that best fits into your kitchen countertop and will be convenient for you while cooking.
Ideally, you should choose a size that can easily adjust on your kitchen counter and enough space is left around for other cooking allied activities.
Structure of Gas Stove:
Ideal best Gas Stove in India 2020 is the one that makes your kitchen look gorgeous.
- Space between burners: it’s important that the distance between two burners is sufficient enough to use them simultaneously. In case you are buying 3-4 burner gas stove, it should have enough space to adjust big cooking pots and kadhai side-by-side.
- Gas efficiency: Look for burners that give out strong and even flames. Burners that do not produce strong and even flame consume more gas. Hence, you must go for burner that produce strong blue flames to save gas making it energy efficient.
- Gas Inlet Connection: There are two types of inlet pipe connections: Fixed Or 360° Rotation. #1. Fixed type inlets are generally located on both sides of the gas stove. They are more reliable and strong. #2. 360 Degree Swivel Type Gas Inlet are mostly located at the backside of the gas stove. As the name says, it revolves in 360° direction enabling you to place the cylinder on any side as per your convenience.
- Note: 360° swivel type of inlet nozzles have less lifespan than fixed inlet. However, it also depends upon how carefully you handle and use your gas stove.
- Anti-skid feet: While cooking your favorite dishes, sometimes you apply pressure to the pan. In such case your gas stove may skid or wobble. Here comes the role of anti-skid feet that prevents skidding or wobbling of gas stove while cooking. You should look for anti-skid feet with rubber heels.
Design and Looks:
Nowadays people prefer to have a modular kitchens, and I guess you too. Of course, everyone wants to have a stylish kitchen. So to meet your kitchen’s aesthetic look, glass cook-tops are quite popular and affordable as well.
The best ones you can choose are the ones with the toughened glass top as they are shatterproof and can bear the heat and regular wear and tear.
Also they look rich and stylish due to their elegant black finish.
If you are tight on budget and want something durable and affordable, they you may look for traditional stainless steel gas stoves.
Just keep in mind, choose the gas stove that complements your modular kitchen, kitchen chimney and kitchen counter.
Price & Warranty:
Price range of best gas stove in India with basic important features is:
- 2 burner: 1.5k – 3k
- 3 burner: 2.5k – 4.5k
- 4 burner: 4k – 6k)
*it is average price range*
For more price you will get better and variety of features that might help you. I will suggest you to make choices based on your needs, preferences and budget.
Don’t fall in the trap of buying 3 or 4 burner gas stove if you don’t need them on a regular basis. If you don’t need some features and still you are paying for it, then I think you are investing your money in the wrong place.
Let me share with you My Personal Buying Formula
” Before buying any new product, I must always consider my needs, requirements, for what purposes I will be using it and my budget. And then I choose the product that fulfills all my needs and also fits into my budget. “
And I encourage you to do the same.
About warranty, you must choose a gas stove that have at least 1 year manufacturer’s warranty. It keeps you on safer side if you received a product that has some manufacturing defects. You can replace or get them corrected within warranty period without paying any extra money.
You must always look for higher warranty product.
If it has to be best gas stove in India, it has to be an ISI Certified.
An ISI (full form) certification in a gas stove is its assurance of safety, quality and authenticity. Any gas stove which comes with an ISI certification can guarantee its users to offer the maximum comfort and safety provision during the use. ISI mark ensures that the gas stove has been designed and manufactured according to the safety standards and guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Difference Between LPG And PNG Gas Stove?
PNG stands for Piped natural gas and LPG means Liquefied petroleum gas. Both the gases are used for cooking in gas stoves and are quite popular. However, the only difference between the two is the fact that LPG has smaller orifices because LPG is used at a much higher pressure.
Are the glass top gas stoves durable enough?
Yes, the latest glass top gas stoves come with toughened glass. It is shatterproof and has high endurance levels of heat. Which makes the glass top gas stove durable and strong. Also they are easy to clean. Make sure you choose 6mm or 8mm thick glass only.
More thickness implies more Safe it is to use.
Why choose ISI marked gas stoves only ?
ISI mark is the assurance of safety, quality and authenticity. If the gas stoves is ISI certified it means it is manufactured following the safety standards and guidelines. This mark guarantees maximum security. You should always opt for the ISI mark gas stoves only.
Which are the best brands for gas stove in India?
Several brands manufacture best quality gas stove in India. A good brand is someone who gives you
- more warranty coverage
- manufacture durable and innovative products to meet increasing customer needs, and
- provide good after sale customer services.
- There are several reputed brands that you can look for are
Glen, Prestige, Elica, Sunflame, Pigeon, Butterfly, Eveready, Lifelong
Is it safe to buy Gas stoves Online?
Yes, Buying gas stoves online from reputed online retailers is not only safe but also beneficial for you. You get attractive discounts and offers all seasons. In case if you receive a defective product you will get a replacement or full refund of the money which is rare in case with offline retailers. To get genuine products go for Amazon Fulfilled sellers and before placing an order make sure you check that particular seller’s rating and bio on that respective e-commerce platform.
Is it important to change the gas pipes frequently?
Yes, you must change gas pipe on regular intervals. As you know, a small leak in the gas pipe can cause a disaster. So, to ensure there is no leakage, check your gas pipes regularly on a daily or weekly basis. Every gas pipe comes with a warranty period. If the warranty is expired it’s time to replace it with a new one to ensure you safety.
Which is the better option, manual or auto ignition?
Both are equally popular and efficient. Auto ignition is futuristic and a little more energy efficient and more expensive than manual mode gas stoves.
As it works on batteries you need to replace them at frequent intervals which costs you money on a regular basis. If this frequent little expense don’t bother you then you can opt for auto-ignition. Otherwise, manual ignition is the best option you can go with.
Which gas stove gives the optimum performance?
It depends on your cooking requirements, your family members and size of your kitchen. You can go for the 2-burner, 3-burner, or 4-burner depending on your requirements and family needs.
Refer our buying guide for more details.
Which burner is better, brass or aluminium alloy?
The brass burners are always better because of the higher thermal efficiency. The Tri-Pin brass burners ensure even distribution of flames. Hence, it saves precious fuel.
How long does a gas stove last?
Generally the life expectancy of a gas stove can last from 5 – 10 years considering all the day-to-day cooking wear and tear, maintenance and it’s material. It also depends upon how frequently you use it, surface material, burner material, proper cleaning and careful handling of a gas stove. If you don’t take proper care of gas stove, then obviously it’s performance and life will decrease automatically.
What is the difference between a Gas Stove and a Kitchen hob?
Kitchen hobs are in-built means they seamlessly fit inside your kitchen Countertop while a gas stove is free-standing. Kitchen hobs are flat and look more stylish, and the stoves are the regular looking with four standing feet. However, they serve the same purpose of cooking.
Why do you have swivelling gas inlets today?
The 360-degree swivelling inlets enable you to place the gas stoves anywhere on the kitchen table without having to alter the kitchen structure.
Why are most of the gas stoves black?
The standard Indian kitchen platform is black. The black coloured gas stoves blend beautifully with the background and enhance the appearance of the kitchen.
Is it advisable to look for warranties?
Yes, almost all the gas stoves come with a 1-year warranty on the product with an additional 2-year or 5-year warranty on the burners.
What should be the distance between the Gas Stove and Chimney?
The distance between the gas stove and the chimney is maintained universally. It should be less than 26-inch and more than 30-inch. No matter what type of cooking method you choose, i.e., cook-top, built-in hob the distance should be the same.
Make sure to compare the price and specification and the easiest way to get the best price for the available product is to buy them online. You can get a whole lot of options from several companies offering various features and prices. But you should choose the best gas stove in India according to your needs.
If you bought any of the gas stove from this list, I would like to know how your experience using it. Share it in the comments box below.
I hope i have cleared all your doubts on best gas stove in India 2020.
Have a Good Time Cooking & Eating. 😋