India Independence Day: List of Dates & Historical Events from Start (1498) to India Became Republic Country (26th Jan., 1950)
India Independence Day: Recall The Freedom’s Struggle Memories
- Vasco da Gama, a Portuguese sailor reached Calicut in India.
- East India Company established their rule in Plassey.
- Indians organized a historical revolt against the British oppression
- First meeting of National Congress was held in Mumbai.
- Lord Curzon divided Bengal into two parts.
- ‘King George V’ of England cancelled the division of Bengal.
- Lokmanya Tilak’s era came into an end and Gandhiji’s era began.
- The Rowlet act was passed.
- The Jallianwala Baug massacre by General Dyer.
- The resolution of Non-Co-Operation Movement was passed.
- The resolution of Non-Co-Operational movement was called off and Gandhiji arrested.
- Gandhiji began the Dandi March from Sabarmati.
- The resolution named ‘Quit India’ movement was sanctioned at Wardha
- Gandhiji was arrested and was put behind the bars.
- Indian Constitution came into existence.